Water intrusion and flooding often causes the need for water damage restoration services. The following tips on how to minimize the need for water damage restoration were compiled by the National Institute of Disaster Restoration. Not all of these tips will apply to your specific situation, but they are a great starting point.
When Water Damage Strikes, Call Tampa’s Most Trusted Water Damage Restoration Company
What to do when you have: Water Damage
Tips to DO:
- Mop up as much extra water as possible.
- Remove lamps and tabletop items, then clear off water from your furniture.
- Remove all upholstery cushions so they will dry evenly.
- Put aluminium foil, saucers or wood blocks between the furniture legs and the carpeting that is wet.
- Turn on your air conditioning if it’s summertime. If it’s winter, alternate with opening your windows and heater to speed up the drying.
- Open all drawers and your cabinet doors. Don’t force open any drawers that may be stuck.
- Remove any valuables including oil paintings or art objects.
- Stay out of any rooms where the ceilings are sagging from water.
- Put small holes in ceilings that are sagging. It will release water that is trapped. Place pans beneath.
What To AVOID:
- Do not leave any wet fabrics in place. Dry them as soon as possible. Use heat to dry furs and leather goods.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
Don’t Let Water Damage Ruin Your Valuables or Your Peace of Mind, Let NextGen Restoration Return You to Normal
What to do when you have: Sewer Damage
- Treat all water impacted surfaces and furnishings as toxic.
- Call an experienced restoration company such as NextGen Restoration for additional advice and service.
DON’T hire just any company. Do your research. Make sure the company:
- Has 24-hour emergency services
- Are specialists that are trained and certified for hazardous environments and disaster restoration
- Carries full pollution insurance
- Is licensed for water, mold, asbestos and lead remediation
- Is bonded.
- Offers full service restoration.
If you have extensive damage to your property, be sure that the company you hire is experienced in: demolition, roofing, masonry, siding, plumbing, interior painting, exterior painting, wallpapering, electrical wiring, smoke odor removal (for fire damage), water extraction, carpet cleaning, floor cleaning, wall cleaning, duct cleaning, and lead removal.
If you are in the Tampa Bay area, you have an excellent choice: NextGen Restoration. They have all of these skills and more and are waiting to serve you 24/7.